The Wisdom of Guncles Book
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
- Free Delivery on UK orders over £70
- Discreet Packaging
RELEASE DATE - 24 AUGUST 2021
“The work is swift, informative, and often moving… With each story told, readers learn, in a heartfelt manner, that there is more than one way to fit into a family. A stirring and passionate exploration of queer relatives.”
Are you the black sheep in your family who chafes at traditions and seeks examples of how to redefine them?
The Wisdom of Guncles is about queer people and their relationship with family — however they choose to define it. Featuring a diverse pantheon of gay uncles (“guncles”) and other queer mentors, their stories offer unique perspectives about life, love, and personal empowerment.
With each chapter, Dumlao examines what various LGBTQ+ experiences teach about disrupting norms, exploring identity, and creating chosen families that affirm one’s truth. Readers will ponder questions such as:
- How do I challenge and change traditions that hide those that are different?
- If I choose to never dim my light, will I become a beacon for others lost in the dark?
- How will recovering past stories and unsung heroes help us create a better future?
- How can I leave a space more welcoming that how I found it?
The Wisdom of Guncles shares ten powerful journeys, each bearing knowledge honed through struggle and triumph, on living with audacious authenticity and compassion. While these narratives are unapologetically queer, they hold universal lessons about the human condition that, like all stories about family, are grounded in love.