We use Royal Mail for deliveries to the EU. They then pass the delivery to your local postal service to complete the final part of the delivery. There are still some slight delays caused by Brexit and customs, but things seem to be mainly back to normal now as at 1 September 2021.
- We'll send you an email confirmation once your order has been received. Then another email confirmation once your order has been shipped, which will include your tracking code (if you chose a tracked option at checkout)
- When you checkout you can also choose to have your delivery confirmation by text message.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your address is correct for postage. We cannot be held responsible if you supply us with the wrong or incomplete details, although we will always do our best to help!
TAXES AND IMPORT DUTIES
- The UK left the EU on the 1st January 2021.
- For all EU orders, when you checkout the price will be reduced to remove the 20% tax (UK VAT).
- You will need to pay this tax when your order arrives in your country as an import duty.
- Your local delivery company will send you this import duty/tax bill to pay and it is your responsibility to pay this. Some EU postal services will not deliver the order until it has been paid. If you fail to pay this, your order may be returned back to us. We will not refund any delivery costs if this happens.
- Please allow 5 - 15 working days to receive your item, but it may still take longer, which is out of our control.
- For some EU countries it's not possible to track every step of the parcel's delivery, just when it's left the UK and arrives at the destination country.
|EU shipping costs||£10.95|